In case any of our readers of the prose-y persuasion were feeling left out by last week’s post on fall poetry contest deadlines, never fear. We’ve got you covered, too.
A sampling of upcoming contests:
- Deadline October 1, 2012: Missouri Review: Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize in Fiction
- Deadline October 1, 2012: Missouri Review: Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize in Nonfiction
- Deadline October 1, 2012: Zoetrope: All-Story Short Fiction Contest
- Deadline October 1, 2012: Sycamore Review: Wabash Prize for Nonfiction
- Deadline October 15, 2012: University of Louisville Calvino Prize
- Deadline October 31, 2012: Glimmer Train’s Family Matters Contest
- Deadline October 31, 2012: Indiana Review Fiction Prize
- Deadline October 31, 2012: DIAGRAM Essay Contest
- Deadline November 1, 2012: Mid-American Review: The Sherwood Anderson Fiction Award
- Deadline November 15, 2012: Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there! Many of these fees also include 1-year subscriptions to brilliant publications. And for fee-free options, have a look at Duotrope.
About the Author: Julia Patt
Julia Patt, Contributing Editor, from Chestertown, MD, is a graduate of Sweet Briar College and the MFA program at the University of North Carolina Greensboro, where she was a fiction editor for The Greensboro Review. Her young adult novels—i was a fourth grade zombie slayer and Through Waterless Places—were both shortlisted for Mslexia’s 2012 Children’s Novel Competition, and her short fiction has appeared in publications such as Surreal South ’11, Stymie, and PANK.